Sunday 28 June 2015

Kings Head Subterranean Spa

So just before Meg wet off on Holiday, we headed over to the capital of the Cotswolds for some end of the working week styled pampering. Yes, we were back at our favourite new find The Kings Head Hotel in the beautiful market town of Cirencester. We have been wanting to try out this new subterranean spa from the moment we were shown the build in progress back in November 2014. Walking down the steps from the plush hotel reception and bar, into the converted wine cellars, a Roman Spa awaits. Exposed Cotswold bricks, soft yellow lighting, a tropical warmth and the smell of those ever delightful Lubatti products, lure you in as soon as the doors open.




We were welcomed by the spa team who signed us in and assured us that the fact we had both turned up in our work clothes, without swimwear or appropriate footwear, was not going to be a problem. Waiting for us in the changing rooms were fluffy white slippers and soft white bathrobes donning the Kings Head iconic emblem. Also in the state of the art lockers was a goody bag waiting for us with little samples of Lubatti products and nail varnish's. We are both particularly smitten with the Lubatti Lip Plump which does exactly what it says on the tin. Reduces fine lines, softens and plumps.




We were both booked in for treatments and they could not have come at a better time. We both suffer from bad breakouts and we needed a good massage to get rid of those pre yoga knots that are still lurking in our backs.

Millie
I had the ultimate facial. Ultimate being the optimum word there. A facial that starts of with a foot cleanse and finishes with a scalp massage is ultimate in my book. I was totally relaxed from start to finish and my therapist made sure the treatment was right for me by asking about my skin and the pressure I liked for the massage. My favourite part was the intoxicating scent of the night cream, which was warmed up and used as a facemask. Whilst this was working it's magic, a scalp massage was enough to send me to sleep. Complete heaven in a treatment and what's more is that my skin glowed for a week after.

Meg
I had the Lubatti Pure Luxury Indulgence which I can honestly say was exactly that, pure indulgence. I was relaxed from the first 3 large breaths my therapist made me take at the start of the treatment. In fact, I was so relaxed I think I drifted off half way through. The Lubatti Pure Luxury Induldence treatment included an eye and lip treatments using our now much loved Lubatti Lip Plump, a cleansing and toning facial routine, an exfoliate using the yummiest Caramel body polish, followed by a back, head, foot and hand massage. It treated the entire body and mind so I left feeling totally revitalised.



The new subterranean spa is another great addition to The Kings Head, perfect for guests and visitors staying in Cirencester and for local as their new go to for a pampering. Although small, it's perfectly formed and the location has the welcomed affect of feeling totally out of the hustle and bustle. Perfect for switching off and as The Kings Head say, giving you 'Head space to unwind'.


No comments:

Post a Comment