Tuesday 20 January 2015

Martin Crean at Mode

So, yesterday was a big day for me. I was FINALLY getting my hair cut! Something I always put off but not this time, I was actually excited about visiting Martin Crean at Mode for the first time. 



We recently blogged about M Spa, Martin's spa at Lapstone (see the blog post here) and loved our relaxing massages with Martin's sister Ema. The spa itself is stunning and they offer some amazing treatments. It's the perfect spot for a girlie day of relaxation and indulgence. After chatting to Martin on that evening, I knew I would be in very safe hands getting my hair cut at Mode which is why I asked for a trip to Martin for my Christmas present. 

Martin recently won Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year 2014 at The British Hairdressing Awards. Today in fact he's in London celebrating his award with the BHA team. Such a well deserved winner! Martin works his ass off. In the past he's worked at London Fashion Week, on styling shoots, fashion shoots... You name it, he's done it all! Now he's happy at his beautiful busy salon, a converted barn in The Cotswolds, just outside Chipping Campden with a loyal client base - who wouldn't be happy at Mode?



I arrived yesterday in the glorious winter sunshine and Mode couldn't have looked more lovely. I came into the warm salon with an even warmer welcome from Martin and Alice, an old school friend of ours. It was great to have a little catch up. I took a seat with Martin to have a chat about what I wanted. Now, usually, I go to hair appointments very unprepared and often leave disappointed. That was not going to be the case this time. It's been about 6 months since I last had my hair cut so it had just grown out into nothing, was very limp and lifeless so I had decided to go short! I basically want to look like Caroline Flack! 

I showed Martin the few images I'd collected and away we went. Martin instantly makes you feel at ease, I didn't have time to think twice about the fact I was having my hair all cut off, you happily put all your trust in him. I know if what I had wanted was wrong for my face shape or if he just wasn't feeling it, he would have told me straight and come up with something else more fabulous. I honestly felt as if Martin has been cutting my hair for years. Surely, that's got to be a sign of a good hairdresser? Half way through the cut, I may have started to doubt my decision just a little bit. Martin picked up on my vibes instantly and quickly reassured me it was going to look great. He was dead right. I loved it!


I couldn't have been happier with the results. Going from long to short didn't feel like a big deal with Martin, he fills your with confidence and you don't leave feeling like the look you wanted is unachievable the next day at home. In fact, I am just as happy today with my new do as I was leaving Mode yesterday. What do you think? #ShortHairDontCare



Mode has a lovely feel to it. The building is beautiful, it's not fussy and intimidating like so many high end salons are and it's in a gorgeous setting. Plus you can make it a special, you're not rushed out of Mode, you have time to relax, chat to Martin and his team and to other clients, then you can pop over to Lapstone for a mooch around their lovely shop and treat yourself (again) to a lunch in Meg Rivers Cafe. It'll soon be the pamper day you look forward to most! 


I couldn't recommend Martin more. I know of a lot of ladies reading this might already be a client of Martins, if not, you should definitely pay him a visit. You will not be disappointed. 

I think you might have found a new regular Martin! 

Millie and Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment