Monday 3 November 2014

Our Week #8

Meg: What a week! For the past 6 weeks, I have been working on my new venture, cleaning, painting, sanding, buying and creating and the week finally came to open my doors to the public. I was so happy to finally open my new shop, Meggie's in beautiful Painswick. And I couldn't have asked for a better first week! I have had so many kind words of luck and support, lots of lovely customers like and more importantly, buying my stock, gifts, flowers, new followers on my social media sites... it's all been a little overwhelming but also so much fun! I've loved every minute. So a big big thank you for all the love. I hope to see you all at Meggie's soon. Like Meggie's on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram.  




Our best friends from Sussex and London came home for a visit for a night of celebrating the opening of Meggie's and to wish our friend Kate a belated happy birthday. Nothing makes us happier than spending time as a big group of friends! 

Emily: Not a lot of 'Cotswolding' for me this week but what a lovely week off! After scaring myself silly at Over Farm "Frightmare" we set off for the long 4 and half hour journey down to Gillan's Creek in Cornwall. We spent the weekend at James's Dad's B&B 'Karenza', messing about on his boat. On Saturday we went on a long walk around the coast and on Sunday we moored up at St Mawes for a roast dinner. This weekend we went up to see my Family in Ashbourne, spending the day in Tissington, a gorgeous estate near Thorpe. We went for a stroll through the village, fed the ducks and bought goodies in the Edward and Vintage of Tissington's Vintage Sweet Emporium. Created by David Westcott-Walker, this award nominated vintage shop takes you back in time post war, stacked from floor to ceiling with old fashioned, traditional and modern sweets. What a treat! I went for Royal Jellies and James went for Peach Hearts.




Millie and Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment